OHSRP Office of Human Subjects Research Protections
This site is new, and we are continuing to add content.
The Office of Human Subjects Research Protections (OHSRP) carries out the day-to-day operations and regulatory oversight of human research activities within the Human Research Protections Program (HRPP). The OHSRP promotes the protection of rights, safety and welfare of human subjects. It also promotes the NIH's research mandate by: supporting the Intramural Research Program (IRP) in reviewing, administering and managing human subjects research activities; developing NIH policies and procedures consistent with federal regulations and policy; organizing and conducting educational activities for NIH HRPP investigators, research staff and the NIH IRB; and overseeing quality assurance and quality improvement activities to ensure NIH Institutional Review Board (IRB) compliance with federal regulations and policies.”
About the NIH HRPP
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) established the HRPP to protect the rights and safeguard the welfare of human subjects who participate in the NIH Intramural Research Program (IRP). OHSRP is the lead policy and oversight office for the HRPP.
NIH Intramural Research Resources
- Training Sessions to Learn about New Requirements for Event Reporting and using the Reportable Event Form
- Public Health Emergency Research Review Board (PHERRB)
- Investigators who receive NIH Extramural Research Grants, also known as “grantees”, should contact the NIH Office of Extramural Research (OER) for more information.
NIH IRB Contact links
- Addictions IRB Email Link: National Institute on Drug Addiction & National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism Email Link
- General Medicine IRB Panel 1 (GenMed1) Email Link
- National Cancer Institute (NCI)
- National Cancer Institute Special Studies (NCI SSIRB)
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI)
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)
- Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD)
- NIDDK/NIAMS IRB Email Link
- National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS)
- National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI)
Contact the OHSRP
Office of Human Subjects Research Protections (OHSRP)
Building 10 (The Warren G Magnuson Clinical Center)
Room 2C146, Bethesda, MD 20892-1154